AJCU Mission and Identity Leaders Conference
CHESTNUT HILL, MA
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2015
3:15 P.M. – First bus departs from hotel
3:30 P.M. – Second bus departs from hotel
3:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Registration at Boston College
4:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
- All Participants
5:00 P.M. – 5:45 P.M.
- William P. Leahy, S.J., President, Boston College
6:00 P.M. – 6:30 P.M.
6:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
Buses depart for hotel
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2015
7:45 A.M. – First bus departs from hotel
8:00 A.M. – Second bus departs from hotel
8:00 A.M. – 9:00 A.M.
9:00 A.M. – 9:15 A.M.
9:15 A.M. – 10:30 A.M. - Plenary Session I
Deepening the Engagement of Faculty in Mission
- Dr. Margaret Freije, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean, College of the Holy Cross
- Gregory Kalscheur, S.J., Dean, Morrissey College of Arts & Sciences, Boston College
10:45 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. - Plenary Session II
Jesuit Higher Education: Reflections on the Mission Priority Reaffirmation Process
- Michael Sheeran, S.J., President, Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities
- James Miracky, S.J., Provincial Assistant for Higher Education, USA Northeast Province
12:00 P.M. – 1:00 P.M.
Lunch & Regional Gatherings
1:15 P.M. – 2:45 P.M. – Plenary Session III
Succession Planning and Formation of Mission Officers
- Stephanie Russell, Ed. D., Vice President of Mission and Ministry, Marquette University
- James K. Voiss, S.J., Rector, Gonzaga Jesuit Community and Assistant Vice President for Mission, Gonzaga University
- Springs Steele, Associate Provost for Mission, Saint Joseph's University
- Karin Botto, Executive Director of Organizational Development & Ignatian Leadership, St. Joseph University
3:00 P.M. – 3:45 P.M.
Remarks from the AJCU President
- Mike Sheeran, S.J.
3:45 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- Jack Butler, S.J., Vice President, Division of University Mission and Ministry, Boston College
4:30 P.M. – Mass at St. Mary’s Chapel
5:15 P.M. – Buses depart St. Mary’s Hall for hotel
6:30 P.M. – Bus departs hotel for Union Oyster House, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston
7:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M.
Cocktails & Dinner - Union Oyster House, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston
9:00 P.M. - Buses depart Union Oyster House for hotel