Office of Employee Development
Program Offerings and Continuous Learning Opportunities
The Office of Employee Development strives to foster a workforce dedicated to performance excellence, mutual respect, diversity, and the well-being of all members of the community in the Catholic Jesuit tradition. We are service-oriented, relationship-based, and community-directed.
Current Program Offerings
|Overview of the University's Performance Management Program (Waitlist)|
|University Ethics - How Colleges Can Build and Benefit from Culture of Ethics|
|Shifting Your Life Out of Overdrive|
|New Reasonable Accommodation Program|
|Demystifying Generational Differences in the Workplace|
|What is the Society of Jesus and why does it matter?|
|Protection of Minors: Review for New and Returning Supervisors of Camps and Clinics|
|Facing Productivity Overload|
|Why Can’t We All Just Get Along? The Basics of Team Development|
|Emotional Intelligence: A Primer|
|Meet Your Colleague: Kerry Cronin - Associate Director, Lonergan Institute, Philosophy Department Fellow, Center for Student Formation
|Developing Your Professional Communication Style: What is Assertive Communication at Work|
|Co-Sponsoring: The Soul of Leadership|
|Best Practices for Communicating with Your Team|
|Paying for College - Now and in the Future|
|How to Respond to Students in Distress|
|The Military, Veterans and Higher Education|
|Now That You're in Charge (Supervisory Skills)|
|Peer Coaching Partnerships: A Strategy for Self-Directed Development|
|Meet Your Colleague - TBD|
If you have any ideas for future programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuous Learning Resources and Information
- Fall 2016 Newsletter - The Well-Practiced Manager: Time Management Techniques to Improve Productivity and Reduce Stress
- Resources for New Employees and Their Supervisor
- The Supervisor's Info-Pipeline (PDF) Resource entry point to HR policies, procedures, and processes and other information to get started.
- Resources for Supervisors of Student Employees
- Well-Practiced Manager is available: "Using Project Management to Get Things Done!" See list of past issues.
- Healthy You | Working Together for Your Wellness
- The Woods College of Advancing Studies offers courses on both the undergraduate and graduate level as well as certificate programs.
- Test Prep Courses for GRE, GMAT and LSAT through William F. Connell School of Nursing
- Additional Learning Resources A compilation of other University-sponsored workshops or learning-related events. Information on role-specific functions and processes, credit and non-credit courses, as well as off-campus training opportunities.
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.