Cultural Competence Engagement Modules (CCEM)
office for institutional diversity
Grounded in the cultural competence framework, the Cultural Competence Engagement Modules (CCEM), will enable participants to acquire the knowledge, language, behavioral and cultural skills needed to navigate within a diverse and inclusive community. Those skills include, but are not limited to: cross cultural communication, managing difficult conversations, and addressing the needs of the various members of our community.
CCEM is offered as a six (6) part program and incorporates the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) tool that assesses how one experiences difference. The use of the IDI, the Intercultural Development Plan (IDP) and the CCEM curriculum provides participants with the support and challenge needed to increase their level of cultural competence.
Participation in the CCEM Program-Spring 2018 requires:
- Attending all six (6) sessions
- Completion of assigned readings, tasks, etc.
- Engagement in ongoing reflection, via journaling, etc.
- Actively working on your Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- Committed to and responsible for your learning and development
Spring 2018 Session Dates:
All sessions will take place from 1:00 - 4:00 pm
- Session I - January 9, 2018
- Session II - January 23, 2018
- Session III - February 13, 2018
- Session IV - February 27, 2018
- Session V - March 13, 2018
- Session VI - March 27, 2018
Note that we will have information as the year goes on about our next offerings of the program in Spring 2019 and announcing the enrollment process, which will start this Fall.
For more information about the Cultural Competence Engagement Modules please contact members of the Office for Institutional Diversity, Damita Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Edilma Hosein (email@example.com) or visit our website at /offices/diversity.html.