Hate Crimes and Bias-Related Incident Protocol
hate crimes and bias-related incidents
This protocol was developed to provide members of the Boston College community with information on the process for reporting a hate crime or bias-related incidents and on the resources available.
- Definitions of Hate Crime and Bias-Related Incidents
- If you have been a witness of a hate crime or bias-related incident
- How the University will respond when a hate crime or bias-related incidents is reported
- What the University is doing to prevent hate crimes and bias-related incidents
- List of support resources with contact information
- If you have been a target of a hate crime
Incidents reported on this form will be recorded in a database maintained by the Office for Institutional Diversity. Reports will be kept confidential to the extent possible unless it requires judicial or administrative action. The purpose of the database is to tally incidents and track details related to them. We expect to use this information to prevent and better respond to future incidents, and reassure the community that campus authorities are attentive to incident reports.
This form is not necessary if you have reported the incident to another campus authority (BCPD, ODSD, Res Life, HR, Deans, etc.) because those reports will automatically be included in the database.