The Boston College Performance Management Program aims to:
- Promote and support the development and application of the talents of individual employees within a diverse workforce
- Promote and build upon continuous dialogue regarding performance between supervisor and employee
- Enable employees to understand and evaluate their work in relation to the work of the department as a whole
- Promote the alignment of employee work goals with department and University goals
- Provide the opportunity for employee and supervisor to identify performance attributes/competencies that objectively appraise work performance
- Assist employees in developing new knowledge and skills by setting professional development goals and encouraging ongoing discussion about progress made
- Depend upon a management that is committed to carrying out this philosophy
Keys to Success
- The active participation of both employee and supervisor provides the key to success for effective performance management.
- Utilization of University sponsored and other employee development resources.
- Yearly calendar for Performance Management Program
- University-Wide Performance Attributes/Competencies
- Performance Appraisal Form