boston college career center
The best way to prepare for job or internship interviews is to practice your interviewing skills. Through practice, students will develop their verbal and non-verbal communication skills and gain experience communicating their academic and prior work, volunteer, and extra-curricular experiences to the positions for which they are interviewing. Students will also learn to convey their interest for the position and field.
The Career Center provides appointments for in-person practice and access to InterviewStream, an online system in which you answer questions posed by a virtual interviewer. Your answers are recorded through a webcam and stored online for your review. Students may also opt to have the InterviewStream interview reviewed by the Career Center.
Students can practice at InterviewStream's website and may schedule time to review their practice interview with us any time during the year.
Steps for practicing your interview skills
- Check our practice interview summary (pdf) to review the skills that will be assessed during your interviews.
- Attend an interview workshop.
- Review our Interview Skills pages before your practice interview.
- Conduct an interview using InterviewStream. Select an existing set of questions, or customize your own set of questions. First time users of InterviewStream will need to click on Create Account.
- Schedule an in-person or Skype appointment to practice your interview skills with a Peer Advisor, or schedule an InterviewStream review with the Career Center staff.
- Dress and prepare for your practice interview or InterviewStream review session as if it were a real interview.
Questions about practice interviews?