boston college career center
As the parent of a Boston College undergraduate, you’re bound to have questions about the future. How will your child choose a career? What are the best job options for him or her to pursue? Who will provide support along the way?
While students are ultimately responsible for their career path, the Boston College Career Center is here to assist them through every step of the career development process. Parents can be a vital part of the process by offering their perspective and encouragement.
- Suggest your student take advantage of Career Center resources as soon as his or her first year. We offer comprehensive career services to help students choose a major, explore careers, gain experience, apply to graduate school — and find the job of their dreams.
- Keep an open mind when talking to your children about their interests and goals. Check in periodically regarding their career plan, but encourage them to make their own choices.
- Share job and internship listings that you or your place of employment might have available.
- Review the presentation slides on Translating Education into Careers from Parent Orientation.
- Serve as an Externship Program Host for a current undergraduate student(s) for a day in January.
- Find out “where Eagles land” through our senior surveys.