boston college career center
Below are the eligibility requirements for the 2018 Eagle Intern Fellowship. Please review in full prior to applying. For questions, contact the Career Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Available to qualifying students working unpaid internships for Summer 2018, for a minimum of 250 hours for at least 6 weeks by August 17, 2018.
- Priority will be given to students who have financial need.
- No on-campus internships with Boston College faculty and/or staff will be eligible. Students must secure an off-campus internship.
- Internships must be unpaid. However, you may receive from your internship organization up to $500 in total compensation, including, but not limited to, monetary, transportation, food, gas, and housing and still be eligible to apply.
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors (graduating in 2021, 2020, or 2019) in good academic standing with the university and must be matriculated full-time in both the spring semester before and fall semester after the internship (seniors graduating in May 2018 are ineligible). Students studying abroad are considered actively enrolled.
- Students may only submit one application to one deadline for consideration.
- Students who have previously been awarded the Eagle Intern Fellowship award from the Career Center or the M.L.K. Internship Grant are not eligible.
- While some remote and/or online work is allowed, at least 200 of your hours must be spent on-site at your host organization. Independent and unsupervised internships will not be considered.
- To ensure this is a meaningful experience, the internship must include established learning goals and supervision from an organization’s staff member on site.
- A member of the applicant’s family cannot run or have a substantial management interest in the host organization nor serve as the applicant’s supervisor directly or indirectly.
- If you’ve previously worked at the same site for which you are currently applying for funding, you must clearly explain how the responsibilities of this new internship position are significantly different from your previous position. Funding will not be granted for an internship that you have already done.
- Pay-to-participate international or domestic internship programs coordinated through third-party vendors will not be eligible for funding (programs in which you pay a fee to complete an internship).
- The internship must be unpaid and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Students must complete all 250 internship hours and the fellowship program requirements in a timely manner. If you are unable to complete what is required of you, it is your responsibility to immediately notify the Program Coordinator in the Career Center via email (email@example.com). Please Note: Failure to complete all requirements will negatively affect your compensation and will result in discontinuation of your disbursement until such missing requirements are complete. In addition, you will lose Career Center privileges such as access to your Eaglelink account. Please remember the BC values and ideals in which have been instilled in you.