Job Shadow Program
boston college career center
Boston College’s Job Shadow Program matches undergraduates with employers, alumni, parents and friends of BC for short-term job shadowing and mentoring experiences. This year's program will take place January 3-9, 2018. Please click here to sign up as a host. Registration is open until October 20, 2017.
Typically a one-day experience, a Job Shadow is an opportunity for students to gain an understanding of what a particular job entails, observe daily operations, and make connections. For Job Shadow hosts, this can serve as an excellent opportunity to market your organization and develop greater connections with the BC community. Many BC students in recent years have been considered for internship and job offers as a result of participating in a Job Shadow.
To participate in the 2018 Job Shadow Program as a host, complete the brief host survey. Students will apply to your posting and the Career Center will match you with the number of students you can host, taking into consideration timing, location, and student interests. We will then advise the students of their match, and you will be contacted directly to arrange the details of the job shadow taking place in January.
HERE ARE SOME SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES FOR YOUR STUDENT:
- Explore potential career paths within the organization and the profession
- Review a current project or case study
- Conduct a simulation of a real situation being faced by the company
- Complete a tour of the office space
- Attend staff meetings
- Conduct informational interviews and network with BC alumni and other employees
- Enjoy lunch with BC alumni and other employees
- Review current trends in the profession
Questions? Contact email@example.com.