2015 Talent Competition
boston college arts festival
A Competition for Student Bands and Singer/Songwriters at the Arts Festival
Thursday, April 23, 2015
O'Neill Plaza, 8:00-10:00 PM
A talent competition featuring the winners of preliminary events in two categories: singer/songwriter and Battle of the Bands. Singer/songwriter finalists will compete for a cash prize. Band finalists will compete for a chance to play at Modstock in May. Co-Sponsored by UGBC, the Music Guild, Nights on the Heights.
Battle of the Bands
Submit the online form, complete with a sample recording of the band, by Friday, Feb. 13.
- Selected bands will be notified of their status by Friday, February 20.
- Preliminary Competition will be held in the Vanderslice Cabaret room on Friday, March 13, 8:00 PM.
- 3 bands will move on to compete at the Arts Festival on Thursday, April 23, 8:00 PM.
- Winning band opens at Modstock!
- At least 75% of the band must be current BC students.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the preliminary competition.
- Preliminary competition: 26th March in the Old Chocolate Bar, McElroy.
- Top four performers of preliminary event to compete at BC’s Best at the Arts Festival on April 23. This year's prize is a three-track EP recorded and mastered by Jon Sage, professional audio engineer and head of Boston College audio services.
- Each singer/songwriter will have a maximum performance time of seven minutes total to play one or two songs in that time frame.
- Participants must be current Boston College undergraduate or graduate students.
- Sound system will be provided. Students may not bring their own amplifiers. Drum kits not allowed. Students may bring hand drums.
General guidlines for both competitions:
- Students competing in the Battle of the Bands are not eligible to compete in the Singer/Songwriter event.
- Students must perform original music written by current BC undergraduate or graduate students.
- Judging panels will consist of members of the Music Guild, UGBC and the Arts Council.