Arts Instagram Challenge
boston college arts council
Time flies by too quickly at BC — be sure to take advantage of the arts and culture opportunities with Boston College and the greater Boston community.
To inspire you, the Arts Council has created an Instagram Challenge filled with events and opportunities to pursue before you graduate. All you have to do to win this challenge is attend at least five of the arts events we have listed below. At each event be sure to put up a photograph on instagram and tag @bc_artscouncil! Once you have been to five events you will win some secret BC Arts Council swag.
If the list goes by too fast, we dare you to try the Advanced Instagram Challenge! Now THAT’S a challenge!
- Go to “First Fridays Open Studios” in the South End of Boston.
- Hear the Boston Symphony Orchestra in Symphony Hall with the BSO College Card and other great deals.
- Attend a theater performance from one of Boston’s non-profit theaters (e.g. Speakeasy Stage Company, Huntington Theater Company, and more) listed by The Boston Theater Scene.
- View the John Singer Sargent murals in the old part of the Boston Public Library.
- See a film at the MFA (Museum of Fine Arts).
- Attend a concert at one of Boston’s elite music schools (Berklee College of Music, The Boston Conservatory, Longy School of Music, or New England Conservatory).
- Visit the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum (Free for all BC students!)
- Attend a University Theater production in the Robsham Theater Arts Center.
- Go to an exhibition opening at the McMullen Museum.
- Attend a reading and lecture from the Lowell Humanities Series.
- Attend a choral concert from the University Chorale or the Voices of Imani Gospel Choir.
- Listen to a classical music concert sponsored by the Music Department or Bands Program.
- Hear a poetry Reading at the Intercollegiate Poetry Festival.
- Attend a program from the Gaelic Roots Music, Song, Dance, Workshop and Lecture Series.
- See a documentary film screening from the Film Studies Program.