alcohol and drug education program
The Alcohol and Drug Education Program at Boston College is a comprehensive, community-based effort focused on creating significant shifts in the culture/environment to encourage and support appropriate norms around drinking and challenge attitudes and behaviors related to other drug use.
The philosophy of the Alcohol and Drug Education Program is to:
- empower students to make informed choices about alcohol and other drugs;
- educate students about how to make low-risk choices;
- emphasize health and safety issues related to alcohol and other drug use;
- encourage civility and community;
- and foster changes in the environment at BC that will reduce the illegal and high-risk use of alcohol and its related consequences.