The Boston College Libraries Personal Librarian program had a successful first year and is being offered again. Because the wide variety of library services and resources available can seem daunting at first, the program is aimed at welcoming new students to the Libraries. Students are assigned a librarian who will serve as a point of contact, answer questions about the library, and help with research and assignments.
Your Personal Librarian will:
- Keep you up-to-date on specific programs, services, and resources available at the BC Libraries.
- Point you in the right direction if you don't know where to start or where to turn for assistance.
- Support you (even if you are off campus) in your research or with an assignment.
- Notify you of workshops and library sessions that may be helpful.
- Remind you of extended hours, study spaces, and treats during the final exam period.
Throughout the coming year all freshmen will receive periodic emails highlighting select services, spaces, and resources. Check your email in the coming month for your first message and feel free to contact your Personal Librarian any time.
Margaret Cohen, Head Librarian, Educational Resource Center and
Interim Head of Instructional Services