Statista - A New Statistics Database
The Library is now providing access to the statistical database Statista, a comprehensive source of data and statistics that provides results in the form of bar charts and tables. Statista is provided through a partnership between a German statistics company and Harrasowitz, the international bookseller and subscription agent.
Many different subject areas are covered including: economics, industries, consumers and countries. The data is gathered from a wide variety of government and commercial sources and can be exported to Excel or input directly into PowerPoint. Statista also includes market research reports on selected topics. To access these limit your search by clicking on Studies and Reports. Alternatively you can browse all of the reports by clicking on the blue publications tab.
Below is a list of a few market research reports that can be found in the database. It shows the broad range of subjects covered on over 60,000 topics:
- Tablet PC Market Tablet
- PC market in the U.S.
- E-books in the United States
- Cost of living in the U.S.
- iPad U.S. market
- iPhone U.S. market
- Film industry in the United States
- Beer production and distribution
- Book market in the United States
- Cancer in the U.S
- Christianity in the U.S.
- Colleges and universities in the U.S.
- Diabetes worldwide and in the U.S.
- Gaming in the United States
- Global climate change
- Green buildings in the United States
- Health care in the U.S. (Scarborough)
- Hospitals in the U.S.
- Major League Baseball
- Major U.S. sports leagues
- Olympic Summer Games 2012
- Singles in the U.S.
- Social networks
- The cost of college
- Video game market in the United States
- Wind power in the United States
The library has many other statistical databases as listed in the Business Statistics Research Guide and the Data/Statistics/GIS Portal. If you have any questions about Statista contact Claire O'Leary, Senior Business & Management Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org