Submit to eTD@BC
electronic theses and dissertations
Submit your thesis/dissertation
When you begin your submission, you will be re-directed to ProQuest website where you will be asked to create an independent account with ProQuest. Your ProQuest username and password should be unique and something other than Boston College credentials.
During the ProQuest submission, you are encouraged to provide key words and phrases that pertain to the essence of your thesis/dissertation. Providing relevant key words will help people discover your ETD online more easily through searches. Please provide at least one and up to six key words or phrases that describe the topic and content of your thesis. Separate key words and key phrases with semicolons.
NOTE: Subject specialists in the BC Libraries can help you to optimize your choices of key words and phrases. Here is a list of subject specialists and their contact information. Please avail yourself of their services; creating subject-specific metadata is one of their core competencies.
Other information that you will be asked to provide to ProQuest includes:
- • Name of your committee chair
- • Your current contact information
- • Your future contact information and when it will take effect
- • Year your manuscript was completed
- • Year your degree was awarded
- • Which degree was awarded
- • Your abstract (see Frequently Asked Questions for formatting options)
- • In what primary language was your thesis/dissertation written (if not English, you will need to include English translations of your Title and abstract)