John J. Burns Library
reading room policies
Rules for Using the Reading Room
- First-time users must show proper identification, such as a current University I.D. or a valid driver's license.
- All coats, handbags, and briefcases must be checked at the security desk before entering the Reading room. Lockers are available at no charge. The University is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Only pencils, paper and laptop computers are allowed to be taken into the reading room.
- Food, drink, or tobacco are not permitted in the Reading Room.
- PHOTOCOPYING: Photocopying will be done at the discretion of the Burns Library Staff. The Library reserves the right to refuse any copying request that might damage the material, or if, in its judgement, fulfillment of the request would involve violation of copyright law. Small amounts of photocopying may be done by staff on demand, subject to staff availability. Larger orders will be filled as staff time permits.
- COPYRIGHT: The Library makes no representation that it is the owner of common law copyright or literary property in any unpublished manuscript. Written permission to publish must be obtained from the copyright owner.
- Proper credit shall be given in citations and shall read:
John J. Burns Library, Boston College
or University Archives, John J. Burns Library, Boston College
- INDEMNIFICATION: I assume full and sole responsibility for any and all legal action resulting from my use of the material. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Boston College, its officers, employees and agents from and against all claims made by any person asserting that he/she is an owner of the common law copyright or literary property.