Bapst Art Library
The Bapst Art Library, named for the first president of Boston College, served as the original Library from 1925 until the opening of the Thomas P. O'Neill Library in 1984. It now supports the increasingly interdisciplinary teaching and research needs in the areas of Art, Architecture, Museum Studies and Photography throughout the University and specifically for the Department of Fine Arts.
The Bapst Art Library contains over 51,000 volumes, 150 serial titles, and access to hundreds of journal databases and electronic journals in Art, Architecture, Museum Studies and Photography. The library maintains print and electronic reserves for courses in the Fine Arts.
Bapst offers approximately 400 quiet study spaces in a combination of individual carrels and tables.
The Kresge Reading Room houses print reference and over 150 periodicals, as well as individual study carrels. Computers with software and printing capabilities are available as is wireless connectivity throughout the building.
The collection of over 51,000 volumes in Art, Architecture and Museum Studies are on the lower level. Tables and individual carrels are provided for study space.