Newton College Yearbooks Digitized
The Boston College Libraries have recently made available digital editions of all volumes of the yearbook of Newton College of the Sacred Heart. The collection can be viewed on the Internet Archive site.
Newton College of the Sacred Heart was a women’s college that opened its doors in 1946. The first class graduated in 1950. After many formerly all-male colleges in universities began to admit women (Boston College became fully co-educational in 1970), Newton College of the Sacred Heart merged with Boston College in June, 1974. The last official class to graduate from Newton College of the Sacred Heart graduated in 1975. Boston College recognizes the alumna of Newton College of the Sacred Heart and considers these graduates part of the legacy that is the Boston College Alumni. Today the Newton campus is home to Boston College Law School.