ARTICLE CONTENTS[Pages 275-314]
TOP OF ARTICLE
I. Eco-Industrial Development
A. The Concept
1. Industrial Ecology
2. From Theory to Practice
B. Barriers to Eco-Industrial Development
1. General Problems Facing EIDs
2. The Regulatory Barriers Presumption
II. The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976
1. Statutory Framework
2. Definitions of Solid Waste
3. Defining Hazardous Waste
B. Recycled or Solid Waste: What Does it All Mean?
1. When Are Recycled Materials Not Solid Wastes?
2. Controlling Hazardous Waste Recycling
3. Judicial Clarification?
C. EPA Flexibility: Exemptions, Exceptions, Waivers, and Delisting Petitions
1. Exclusions and Variances from Solid Waste Classification
2. Hazardous Waste Exemptions, Exceptions, and Delisting
III. Analysis: in the Right Direction
A. EID Options and Strategies
B. Targeted Flexibility and Future Possibility