TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Tuesday, October 1, is the last date for undergraduates only to drop a course or to declare a course pass/fail in the Associate Deans’ offices.
- Tuesday, October, 1, all "I" (Incomplete) grades from Summer 2013 have been changed to Administrative Failures.
- The last date to withdraw from a fall course with a "W" or to withdraw from the University is Monday, December 2.
- View the fall 2013 Final and Common Exam Schedule.
- Visit the Academic Calendar web page for other important dates during the fall semester.
Undergraduate Students Academic Advising
- Students have until Thursday, October 10, to declare or change a major in order to receive an advisor assignment in that major.
- Students may view their registration appointments at portal.bc.edu beginning Thursday, October 17.
- On Thursday, October 24, the Undergraduate Academic Advising period begins for spring registration.
- A&S, CSON, and LSOE students will pick up their registration materials from their academic advisors beginning Thursday, October 24. Students should make an appointment with their academic advisors prior to their registration appointment time.
- CSOM seniors should pick up their registration materials at the departments of their first concentrations beginning Thursday, October 24. CSOM sophomores and juniors should contact their academic advisors. CSOM freshmen will receive their registration materials from their Portico professors.
- Log into your Agora Portal account (portal.bc.edu) and select Academic Advisor. You can view your advisor contact information and your appointment date and time.
- Visit the Degree Audits webpage to ensure that you are on schedule for completing all required major, core, and elective classes.
Spring Semester Registration
- Undergraduate Students: Spring registration appointments are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. beginning Friday, November 15, and are based on class year.
- Graduate Students: Spring registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 14, except for GSSW students. GSSW students in the class of 2014 will register on Monday, November 18, at 7:00 p.m. Registration for all other GSSW students will begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Law Students: Spring registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, November 25, for the Class of 2014 and continues on Tuesday, November 26, for the Class of 2015. The Class of 2016 will be registered by the Law School's Office Academic Services.
- View the Registration Calendar for spring 2014 registration dates.
- The Schedule of Courses will be on campus available in the lower level of Lyons Hall and on the Student Services website on Thursday, October 24.
- Register for courses using UIS.
- Register for courses using UDial.
- Undergraduate Students: Visit the Undergraduate Student Course Registration FAQs webpage for information about selecting courses, closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses, pass/fail and overloading, withdrawing, and registration troubleshooting.
- Graduate Students: Visit the Graduate Student Course Registration FAQs webpage for information about graduate student registration, selecting courses, closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses, and registration troubleshooting.
Fall Billing and Payment
- All fall semester bills are now due. To avoid holds and late fees, please review the My Bill section of the My Services page in the Portal to ensure your account is paid in full.
- Review and pay student account on My Bill.
You may also grant access to a parent or other third party by selecting the "Authorize Payers" link within My Bill.
- Online Billing and Payment Information
- Tuition and Fees
- International Wire Payments: Boston College has partnered with peerTransfer™ to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments.
- QuikPAY® Payment Plan
You may purchase discounted MBTA passes for the spring semester beginning Tuesday, October 1, 2013. The deadline to purchase passes is Thursday, January 2, 2014. These passes offer unlimited rides from Saturday, February 1, 2014, through Saturday, May 31, 2014. Visit Student Services' MBTA web page for more information.
- Remember you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling before your federal student loans can be disbursed. You may complete the MPN and Entrance Counseling for Federal Direct Loans at StudentLoans.gov. You may complete the MPN and Entrance Counseling for Federal Perkins and Nursing loans at www.ecsi.net.
General Student Services
- All incoming graduate students for the spring semester should visit the Graduate Student Getting Started web page. From this web page you will be able to complete some administrative responsibilities before you arrive on campus, such as obtaining an Eagle I.D. card, ordering a parking permit, and waiving the mandatory medical insurance (if applicable).