Room Selection Process
- Students should check their My Bill link in the Agora Portal to make sure that any balance is properly resolved before the room selection process. For more information about the process itself, visit the Office of Residential Life website.
Room Selection Process Schedule:
March 12: Six-person (Ignacio, Rubenstein, Mods)
March 13: Six-person (Stayer)
March 14: Four-person apartments (Rubenstein, Ignacio, Gabelli, Vouté, Edmonds)
March 15: Seven-person (Vanderslice)
March 18: Eight-person (Vanderslice, 90 St. Thomas More Road, Stayer, Walsh)
March 19: Four-person (Edmonds, Walsh)
March 20: Six- to nine-person suites (Vanderslice, 90 St. Thomas More)
March 21: Traditional style rooms (66 Commonwealth Avenue, Roncalli, Welch, Williams)
March 22 and 25: Final Selection Days (students should see Residential Life for more information)
Academic Advising and Registration
- The undergraduate academic advising period to plan for fall course registration will begin on Thursday, March 21. All undergraduate students should check their Agora Portal account to confirm their advisor's name and contact information. You may contact your advisor for an appointment beginning March 21.
- Students should review their student account on the Agora Portal to make sure that the balance is paid by March 28 in order to participate in registration for summer and next fall.
- Undergraduates: Visit the Undergraduate Course Registration FAQs web page for information about selecting courses; closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses; declaring a course pass/fail; overloading and withdrawing; and registration troubleshooting.
- Graduates: Visit the Graduate Course Registration FAQs web page for information about graduate student registration; selecting courses; closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses; and registration troubleshooting.
- View the Registration Calendar for fall and summer 2013 registration dates and times.
- The last date to withdraw from a fall course with a "W" or to withdraw from the University is April 16, 2013.
- View the spring 2013 Final Exam Schedule.
Only your advisor can provide you with the access code required for registration.
A&S sophomores and juniors who declare or change a major by March 14 will have an advisor in their first major listed on the degree audit for April registration. Freshmen will remain with their pre-major advisor regardless of major declaration.
LSOE students should officially declare their majors/minors by March 15 to ensure that their correct program will be included on their degree audit for April registration. Students may submit their forms to Campion 104 or electronically to Lindsey.Itzkowitz@bc.edu. Class of 2016 students who are not ready to declare may wait until sophomore year.
CSOM freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will pick up their registration materials from their advisors beginning Thursday, March 21. Students may declare a major in Fulton 360 through March 15.
NEW! Undergraduate Day Student Summer Registration
- Summer session runs from May 13 through August 2, 2013.
- Beginning April 10, students may register for BC summer courses in the Office of Student Services in Lyons Hall. Students must present a Course Approval Form signed by their Dean anytime after their registration appointment time.
- You may take no more than ten credits in a single summer.
- If you need permission from AHANA Student Programs or Learning Resources for Student Athletes, contact those offices directly for instructions regarding summer registration.
Instructions for Summer Registration (BC Courses)
Instructions for Summer Registration (non-BC Courses)
- Undergraduate students can request a degree audit or a simulated degree audit (which shows the requirements for different schools, majors, and minors) at portal.bc.edu, seven days per week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time). All students should carefully review their degree audit in consultation with their advisor.
Attention undergraduate students expecting to graduate in May 2013: Undergraduate students should run their degree audit by logging on to the Agora Portal (portal.bc.edu) which can be accessed from any web browser or internet connection, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time), to confirm that you are receiving the following message: "If you successfully complete all the courses for which you are currently registered, you will have met all the requirements for the degree." If you are not receiving this message you will not meet the requirements for graduation and you will not receive a degree. Please contact your academic recorder immediately to resolve your clearance issue.
College of Arts and Sciences, Lynch School of Education
Carroll School of Management, Connell School of Nursing
Student Loan Consolidation
- Important: Federal Student Loan Consolidation is FREE! Recently there have been advertisements and infomercials on the radio and television regarding defaulted student loan debt relief. Private companies are stating they can help stop harassing collection calls as well as restore credit for defaulted student loan debt. These companies are promoting a service for a fee of up to $500. The federal government will do all of this for free. You can consolidate your loans by visiting www.loanconsolidation.ed.gov. DO NOT be fooled! DO NOT pay anyone to consolidate your loans.
Questions about default repair and federal loan consolidation may be answered by our own BC Loan Repayment staff. Call us at 800-294-0294 if you have concerns or need assistance.
- Student Loan Exit Interviews are required for students graduating in May 2013 who have borrowed from any federal or institutional loan programs at BC. Watch your e-mail this month for instructions on how to complete the online exit process at ECSI (BC's loan servicing company). Attendance at one of the group counseling sessions is also required for diploma and transcript release. Learn about loan repayment options, consolidation, and loan forgiveness plans. Come and listen to the professionals and take the mystery and confusion out of loan repayment!
- Financial Aid applications are due by April 15, 2013, for the 2013-2014 academic year. Applications and supporting requirements that are postmarked after April 15 may not be awarded Boston College scholarship or grant funds. Be sure to include your Eagle ID number on each page. Mail the required documents to Boston College Financial Aid Processing Center, P.O. Box 489, Randolph, MA 02368.
- The online Student Commencement Guides will be e-mailed to students with a graduation term of December 2012 or May 2013 on March 18. For additional information on Commencement, please refer to the Commencement website or the online planning guides available on the Student Services website.
General Student Services
- Students who lose their Eagle ID cards should deactivate them immediately on the Agora Portal for security reasons. A new card will be printed and available for pick-up in the Office of Student Services. Deactivate and request replacement ID (if needed).
- Extended Hours: The Office of Student Services remains open until 7:00 p.m. every Wednesday during the spring semester (excluding March 6 and March 27, 2013) for your convenience. Refer to the Student Services home page for our complete hours of operation.
- The Office of Student Services will not be accepting phone calls on Wednesday, March 6, but will be accepting limited walk-in service from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Office of Student Services will close at 5:00 p.m. on March 27.