TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Spring Billing and Payment
- Student Accounts
- Student Checklists
- Graduate Student Getting Started
- Financial Aid
- Spring Semester Registration
- December 2013 Graduates
- Preliminary Student Commencement Guides
- General Student Services
Spring Billing and Payment
- Payment for the 2014 Spring semester bill for Graduate (non-Law) and WCAS students is due on Wednesday, January 15.
- Review and pay student account on My Bill (You may also grant access to a parent or other third party by selecting the "Authorize Payers" link within My Bill.)
- Online Billing and Payment Information
- Tuition and Fees
- International Wire Payments: Boston College has partnered with peerTransfer™ to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments.
- Undergraduate and graduate students must request a refund of spring semester aid by January 15 in order to receive it during the earliest possible refund day.
- The deadline to waive medical insurance for 2014 spring semester only is January 24. Visit www.bc.edu/medinsurance to find out more about the BC medical insurance plan.
- 1098E Tax forms: Borrowers who paid interest during 2013 will be notified by their loan servicing companies of the amount of interest paid. The 1098E form is usually sent in January and may be used when filing 2013 taxes.
- 1098T Forms will be mailed to students' home address by January 31. For more information students may access Student Services' 1098T web page.
- All students should refer to the checklists below before arriving on campus.
Returning students should visit the Returning Student Checklist web page.
New students should visit the Spring Student Checklist web page.
Graduate Student Getting Started
- All incoming graduate students for the spring semester should visit the Graduate Student Getting Started web page. From this web page you will be able to complete some administrative responsibilities before you arrive on campus, such as obtaining an Eagle I.D. card, ordering a parking permit, and waiving the mandatory medical insurance (if applicable).
- Remember you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling before your federal student loans can be disbursed. You may complete the MPN and Entrance Counseling for Federal Direct Loans at StudentLoans.gov. You may complete the MPN and Entrance Counseling for Federal Perkins and Nursing loans at www.ecsi.net.
- The Boston College 2014-2015 Undergraduate Financial Aid Application form and instructions is now available on the Undergraduate Financial Aid Forms website. The deadline to complete the application is April 15, 2014.
- The Boston College 2014-2015 Continuing Law Student Financial Aid Application/Validation form and instructions is now available on the Law Financial Aid Forms website. The deadline to complete the application is April 15, 2014.
- The Boston College 2014-2015 Graduate Financial Aid Application form and instructions will be available on the Graduate Financial Aid Forms website by January 15.
- Current Law students interested in being considered for summer Federal Work-Study need to submit the 2014-2015 Boston College Continuing Student Law School Financial Aid Application/Validation form by January 31. Applicants must also file their 2014-2015 FAFSA online no later than January 22. A printout of their Student Aid Report from the federal processor of their FAFSA, along with the completed and signed BC Financial Aid Application/Validation form, needs to be submitted to the Law School Financial Aid Office by January 31.
- Student employee W-2's will be mailed by January 31.
- January 24 is the Office of Student Services' third annual "Meet Your Counselor" event. Stop by Student Services between 1 and 4 p.m. for light refreshments, snacks, and a chance to win a free t-shirt!
- The state's 10th FAFSA Day Massachusetts program will take place on January 26, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. and February 23, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. at many locations around Massachusetts. Some sites will hold their events on other dates and times. Please refer to www.fafsaday.org for more information.
Spring Semester Registration
- Students may drop/add courses through 11 p.m. on January 22.
- Registration for undergraduate day students who would like to enroll in a Woods College evening course will run through the drop/add period in January. Students must go to the Advancing Studies office in McGuinn 100 to register. Registration is on a seats available basis. Day students may register for one elective only. If a course is needed for Core/Major you will be given a Degree Audit Course Substitution Form that must be approved and returned to McGuinn. Woods College staff will register you for the class. Freshmen are not allowed to take Woods College courses.
- The most recent version of the Schedule of Courses is now available online.
- Register for courses using UIS.
- Register for courses using UDial.
- Undergraduate Students: Visit the Undergraduate Student Course Registration FAQs web page for information about selecting courses, closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses, pass/fail and overloading, withdrawing, and registration troubleshooting.
- Graduate Students: Visit the Graduate Student Course Registration FAQs web page for information about graduate student registration, selecting courses, closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses, and registration troubleshooting.
December 2013 Graduates
- The December degree conferral date was December 30, 2013. Diplomas will be mailed to the home address on file by the end of January 2014. Transcripts and diplomas will not be issued for students with an outstanding financial obligation to the University or who have not completed a loan exit interview.
Preliminary Student Commencement Guides
- All students graduating in May must verify their diploma name in the Agora Portal by January 22.
- Undergraduate Student Preliminary Commencement Guide: www.bc.edu/offices/stserv/commencement/commguide_planning.html
- Graduate Student Preliminary Commencement Guide: www.bc.edu/offices/stserv/commencement/commguidegrad_planning.html
General Student Services
- Classes resume on Monday, January 13. See the Academic Calendar for other important dates during the spring semester.
- Spring Semester Parking Permits: Eligible undergraduate resident students and graduate students may order a parking permit by logging into their Agora Portal account and selecting Parking Permits and Citations under the My Services tab. Once ordered, students may pick up their parking permit in the Office of Student Services.
- Students should remember to bring their student IDs back from home. Deactivate and request replacement ID (if needed).
- Extended Hours: The spring 2014 extended walk-in and telephone service hours are available on the Office of Student Services Hours of Operation web page.