Course Evaluation Search
New! Course Evaluations Survey Results: Use our new streamlined search tool to find out how your peers rated BC’s instructors and courses. You can now search course evaluation surveys by department, course code, or instructor from the Course Information and Schedule link in the My Services section of your Agora Portal account.
Visit the Course Information and Schedule or Online Course Evaluation Process for Students web pages for more information.
- All students should refer to the checklists below before arriving on campus. Returning students should visit the Returning Student Checklist web page.
New students should visit the Spring Student Checklist web page.
- Registration: Students may drop/add courses through 11 p.m. on Wednesday, January 23.
- Available textbook information for spring 2013 courses has been posted to the Course Information and Schedule link in the Agora Portal.
- The Preliminary Commencement Guides, containing important instructions and deadlines, will be e-mailed on January 7 to all students with a graduation term of May 2013.
- Our fall degree conferral date is December 30. Diplomas for December graduates will be available for pick up in the Office of Student Services on January 7. Diplomas not picked up will be mailed to the home address on file by the end of January 2013.
- January 23 is the last date for all students graduating in May 2013 to update their diploma names on their Agora Portal accounts.
- The Boston College 2013-2014 Continuing Law Student Financial Aid Application form and instructions and 2013-2014 Undergraduate Financial Aid Application form and instructions will be available on January 11 on the Student Services website under Forms.
- The Boston College 2013-2014 Graduate Financial Aid Application/Validation form and instructions will be available online on January 14.
- January 25, 2013 is the Office of Student Services' second annual "Meet Your Financial Aid Counselor" event. Stop by Student Services between 1 and 4 p.m. for light refreshments, snacks, and a chance to win a free t-shirt! Visit the Financial Services home page for more information.
- On January 27, 2013 volunteers from FAFSA Day Massachusetts will provide free assistance to undergraduate and graduate students completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). BC students should visit www.fafsaday.org for more information and to register online.
- Student employee W-2's will be mailed by January 31.
- The summer work-study application deadline for continuing Law students is January 31.
- Undergraduate and graduate students must request a refund of spring semester aid by Friday, January 11, in order to receive it during the earliest possible refund day.
- Graduate Students: Spring semester bills are due on January 15. Visit My Bill for more information.
- The deadline to waive medical insurance for 2013 spring semester only is January 25, 2013. Click here to find out more about the BC medical insurance plan.
- 1098E Tax Forms: Borrowers who paid interest during 2012 will be notified by their loan servicing companies of the amount of interest paid. The 1098E form is usually sent in January and may be used when filing 2012 taxes.
- 1098T Forms will be mailed to students' home address by January 31. For more information students may access Student Services' 1098T web page.
General Student Services
- Classes resume on Monday, January 14. See the Academic Calendar for other important dates during the spring semester.
- Spring Semester Parking Permits: Eligible undergraduate resident students and graduate students may order a parking permit by logging into their Agora Portal account and selecting Parking Permits and Citations under the My Services tab. Once ordered, students may pick up their parking permit in the Office of Student Services.
- Students should remember to bring their student IDs back from home. Deactivate and request replacement ID (if needed).
- Extended Hours: The spring 2013 extended walk-in and telephone service hours are available on the Office of Student Services home page.