- U-Dial Registration: The university is considering discontinuing U-Dial, our telephone registration application. We need to hear from all students who have used U-Dial over the past year. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15 if you have used U-Dial over the past year. Please let us know why you used it. If you found it to be your only option for registration, it is very important that you provide us with a description of the circumstances, so that we can ensure that an alternate mechanism is in place were we to decide to remove this service.
- Housing for 2013-2014: Housing eligible students must declare their housing intent between February 4 and 8.
- If your graduation term is May 2013, please refer to the appropriate preliminary online commencement guide:
- Degree Audits: Undergraduate students can request a degree audit or a simulated degree audit (which shows the requirements for different schools, majors, and minors) at portal.bc.edu, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time). All students should carefully review their degree audit in consultation with their advisor.
Attention undergraduate students expecting to graduate in May 2013: Undergraduate students should run their degree audit by logging on to the Agora Portal (portal.bc.edu) which can be accessed from any web browser or internet connection, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time), to confirm that you are receiving the following message: "If you successfully complete all the courses for which you are currently registered, you will have met all the requirements for the degree." If you are not receiving this message you will not meet the requirements for graduation and you will not receive a degree. Please contact your academic recorder immediately to resolve your graduation clearance issue.
College of Arts and Sciences, Lynch School of Education
Carroll School of Management, Connell School of Nursing
- The 2013-2014 Undergraduate Financial Aid Application, the 2013-2014 Graduate Financial Aid Application, and the 2013-2014 Law School Financial Aid Application are now available online. To view a list of financial aid requirements and to check on the status of your application, visit www.bc.edu/finaidapp. The application deadline is April 15, 2013 for undergraduates, and priority deadlines of April 15, 2013 for graduate students and April 16, 2013 for continuing Law School students.
Attention graduate students: February 22, 2013 is the priority deadline for graduate students (who will be enrolled at least half-time in classes this summer) to apply for summer Federal financial aid, such as a Federal Direct Stafford Loan. The application process includes sending a completed and signed 2013-2014 Graduate Financial Aid Application/Validation form to the Boston College Financial Aid Processing Center in Randolph, MA as well as completing a 2013-2014 FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA should be completed online by February 15, 2013.
- Beginning February 3, 2013, students and parents who have filed their 2012 IRS tax return will be able to select the IRS Data Retrieval option on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to transfer tax information to the FAFSA. We strongly encourage you to select this option during the initial filing or when subsequent corrections are made to your 2013-2014 FAFSA. This option will streamline and expedite the processing of your financial aid application. For more information, visit the IRS Data Retrieval Tool web page.
Attention graduate students: This process applies to you only if you are applying for Federal financial aid.
- 1098-T forms were mailed by January 31 to students' home addresses on file. If you did not receive your 1098-T, or if you need another copy, you can access your form on the web at http://www.1098t.com. If you have trouble accessing your records, please contact the TCRS call center at (877) 467-3821. General information about the 1098-T, along with a list of frequently asked questions, can be found at www.bc.edu/offices/stserv/financial/1098t.html.
- Pending credits for undisbursed loans and financial aid awards will be removed from student accounts prior to the generation of billing statements on February 16. If you are still expecting a disbursement that has not yet been credited to your account, please contact Student Services.
General Student Services
- Spring Semester Parking Permits: Eligible undergraduate resident students and graduate students may order a parking permit by logging into their Agora Portal account and selecting Parking Permits and Citations under the My Services tab. Once ordered, students may pick up their parking permit in the Office of Student Services.
- Students who lose their Eagle ID cards should deactivate them immediately on the Agora Portal for security reasons. A new card will be printed and available for pick-up in the Office of Student Services. Deactivate and request replacement ID (if needed).
- Extended Hours: The Office of Student Services remains open until 7:00 p.m. every Wednesday during the spring semester (excluding March 6 and March 27, 2013) for your convenience. Refer to the Student Services home page for our complete hours of operation.