TABLE OF CONTENTS
All students should refer to the checklists below before arriving on campus.
- Returning students should visit the Returning Student Checklist web page.
- Class of 2017 students should visit the Freshman Student Checklist web page.
- Transfer students should visit the Transfer Student Checklist web page.
Extended Hours: The fall 2013 extended walk-in and telephone service hours are available on the Office of Student Services hours of operation web page.
- Classes for all Law students and for first-year, full-time MBA students begin on August 26.
- Classes resume on Tuesday, September 3. See the Academic Calendar for other important dates during the fall semester.
- Students may drop/add courses through 11 p.m. on Wednesday, September 11.
- Textbook information for the fall semester is available on August 8. Visit the BC Bookstore website for more information.
- An updated Schedule of Courses for the fall semester will be posted to the Student Services website on August 19.
- September 11 is the last date for all students graduating in December 2013 to verify their diploma names on their Agora Portal accounts.
Fall Billing and Payment
- August 9: Bill due date for undergraduate and Law students.
- August 15: Undergraduate and Law students' bills sent (monthly billing).
- August 16: Graduate and WCAS students' bills sent (monthly billing).
- Online Billing and Payment Information
- Tuition and Fees
- International Wire Payments: Boston College has partnered with peerTransfer™ to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make international tuition payments.
- QuikPAY® Payment Plan
Review and pay student account on My Bill.
You may also grant access to a parent or other third party by selecting the "Authorize Payers" link within My Bill.
For students whose classes begin the week of August 26, the first direct deposit of student account refunds will be available on August 28. Your refund request must be submitted by Friday, August 23, to ensure delivery of funds on August 28. The first paper check refunds will be available on Friday, September 6. Your refund request must be submitted by Tuesday, September 3, to ensure that your check is either mailed or available for pick-up in Accounts Payable (not in the Office of Student Services) on September 6.
For students whose classes begin the week of September 3, the first direct deposit of student account refunds will be available on Thursday, September 5. Your refund request must be submitted by Friday, August 30, to ensure delivery of funds on September 5. The first paper check refunds will be available on Friday, September 13. Your refund request must be submitted by Tuesday, September 10, to ensure that your check is either mailed or available for pick-up in Accounts Payable (not in the Office of Student Services) on September 13.
Waivers must be completed every year. All waivers must be submitted through the Agora Portal by September 13, 2013, for the entire academic year or by January 24, 2014, for the spring semester only. Students who do not complete a waiver prior to the deadline will automatically be enrolled in and charged the student-only premium for the Student Blue Plan. Visit the Medical Insurance web page for more information.
Student Loan Exit Interviews (August Graduates)
Student Loan Exit Interviews are required for students with loans who are graduating in August. Exits will be loaded to the ECSI website the week of August 12, 2013. E-mails will be sent to all August Graduates who must complete an exit interview. Vist www.bc.edu/loanrepayment for more information.
General Student Services
- Fall semester parking permits: Eligible undergraduate resident students and graduate students may order a parking permit by logging into their Agora Portal account and selecting Parking Permits and Citations under the My Services tab. Once ordered, students may pick up their parking permit in the Office of Student Services.
- Students should remember to bring their student IDs back from home. Deactivate and request replacement ID (if needed). Users may need to delete cookies to gain access to this function in the Agora Portal.