TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Course Evaluation Search
- Fall and Summer 2013 Registration
- Undergraduate Day Student Summer Registration
- Degree Audits
- Financial Aid
- Graduating Students
- Student Employment
- Student Loan Consolidation
- Unreturned Library Books and Fines
- General Student Services
Course Evaluation Search
- Please note that the location for accessing online course evaluation results has changed. Visit the Online Course Evaluation Process for Students web page for more information.
Fall and Summer 2013 Registration
- Register for courses using UIS.
- Register for courses using UDial.
- View the Registration Calendar for summer and fall 2013 registration dates and times.
- View the summer and fall 2013 Schedule of Courses or pick up a copy in the basement of Lyons Hall.
- All students should check their account balances under the My Bill option on the My Services page of the Agora Portal. All balances should be paid prior to your registration time to ensure there is not a hold on your account.
- Undergraduates: Visit the Undergraduate Course Registration FAQs web page for information about selecting courses; closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses; declaring a course pass/fail; overloading and withdrawing; and registration troubleshooting.
- Graduates: Visit the Graduate Course Registration FAQs web page for information about graduate student registration; selecting courses; closed, restricted, and WCAS (evening) courses; and registration troubleshooting.
- The last date to withdraw from a spring course with a "W" or to withdraw from the University is April 16, 2013.
- View the spring 2013 Final Exam Schedule.
NEW! Undergraduate Day Student Summer Registration
- Summer session I runs from May 13 through June 20 and summer session II runs from June 24 through August 1.
- Beginning April 10, students may register for BC summer courses in the Office of Student Services in Lyons Hall. Students must present a Course Approval Form signed by their Dean anytime after their registration appointment time.
- You may take no more than ten credits in a single summer.
- If you need permission from AHANA Student Programs or Learning Resources for Student Athletes, contact those offices directly for instructions regarding summer registration.
Instructions for Summer Registration (BC Courses)
Instructions for Summer Registration (non-BC Courses)
- Undergraduate students can request a degree audit or a simulated degree audit (which shows the requirements for different schools, majors, and minors) at portal.bc.edu, seven days per week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time). All students should carefully review their degree audit in consultation with their advisor.
- The financial aid deadline for returning undergraduate students is April 15. Visit www.bc.edu/finaidapp for a list of required documents.
- Attention undergraduate students expecting to graduate in May 2013: Undergraduate students should run their degree audit by logging on to the Agora Portal (portal.bc.edu) which can be accessed from any web browser or internet connection, seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. until midnight (Eastern Standard Time), to confirm that you are receiving the following message: "If you successfully complete all the courses for which you are currently registered, you will have met all the requirements for the degree." If you are not receiving this message you will not meet the requirements for graduation and you will not receive a degree. Please contact your academic recorder immediately to resolve your clearance issue.
College of Arts and Sciences, Lynch School of Education
Carroll School of Management, Connell School of Nursing
- Student Loan Exit Interviews are required for students graduating in May 2013 who have borrowed from any federal or institutional loan programs at BC. Attendance at one of the group counseling sessions is also required for diploma and transcript release. Learn about loan repayment options, consolidation, and loan forgiveness plans. Come and listen to the professionals and take the mystery and confusion out of loan repayment!
- Students' accounts must be paid in full for clearance for graduation.
- Commencement exercises at Boston College are scheduled for Monday, May 20, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. in Alumni Stadium. The Law School Commencement exercises will be held on Friday, May 24, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. in Conte Forum.
- Please check the guides listed below for important information about preparing for Commencement and for Commencement day, including: graduation clearance, exit interviews, cap and gown distribution and drop off, photos, a schedule of events and activities prior to and during Commencement, and the individual school and college diploma ceremonies. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Services.
- Graduating students may apply for a library Alumni card after Friday, May 31. Visit www.bc.edu/content/bc/libraries/help/alumni.html for more information.
Undergraduate Student Commencement Guide
Graduate and Law Student Commencement Guide
- Summer student employment job listings will be available beginning on April 5, and updated nightly. On-campus listings are created and maintained by employing departments. Visit www.bc.edu/studentemployment for more information. Returning undergraduate students must apply for summer work-study by April 15.
Student Loan Consolidation
- Important: Federal Student Loan Consolidation is FREE! Recently there have been advertisements and infomercials on the radio and television regarding defaulted student loan debt relief. Private companies are stating they can help stop harassing collection calls as well as restore credit for defaulted student loan debt. These companies are promoting a service for a fee of up to $500. The federal government will do all of this for free. You can consolidate your loans by visiting www.loanconsolidation.ed.gov. DO NOT be fooled! DO NOT pay anyone to consolidate your loans.
Questions about default repair and federal loan consolidation may be answered by our own BC Loan Repayment staff. Call us at 800-294-0294 if you have concerns or need assistance.
Unreturned Library Books and Fines
- All items must be returned or renewed by their due dates. To verify the items you are currently borrowing, visit www.bc.edu/libraries/materials/accounts.html and log onto your Holmes account.
- Library fines and replacement fees for unreturned items will be applied to your student account. You are responsible for all charges. If you have any questions, please contact the O’Neill Library Circulation Desk at 617-552-8038 or e-mail email@example.com.
General Student Services
- Students who lose their Eagle ID cards should deactivate them immediately on the Agora Portal for security reasons. A new card will be printed and available for pick-up in the Office of Student Services. Deactivate and request replacement ID (if needed).
- Extended Hours: The Office of Student Services remains open until 7:00 p.m. every Wednesday during the spring semester for your convenience. Refer to the Student Services home page for our complete hours of operation.