Effective July 1, 2012, students will no longer be able to install SPSS through BC. The license will expire on existing computers. Learn more about student options.
FACULTY BC-OWNED COMPUTERS:
If you would like SPSS installed on your BC-owned computer, please contact your TC (Technology Consultant).
FACULTY HOME COMPUTERS:
There are a limited number of licenses available for faculty home computers. Instructions on how to download and install IBM SPSS are below.
- Before you download, please contact Michael Spinello for the current license keys.
- These downloads require you to login with your BC username and password.
IMPORTANT: For assistance installing this software, please contact the Help Center at email@example.com or ext. 2-HELP (617-552-4357) or visit the Walk-In Help Desk on the second floor of the O'Neill Library.
IBM SPSS 19 for Windows
Note as of November 14, 2012: If you are a faculty member who is downloading SPSS 19 for your home computer, we recommend that you wait a week if possible as SPSS 21 will be available for download shortly. If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download SPSS 19 for Windows
- Download 32-Bit 19.0.1 Patch (install on 32-Bit computers after installing SPSS for Windows)
- Download 64-Bit 19.0.1 Patch (install on 64-Bit computers after installing SPSS for Windows)
- Learn how to install and license (PDF; login required)
- Learn how to install the 19.0.1 patch (PDF)
IBM SPSS 21 for Mac
Please contact Boston College Research Services at email@example.com if you are a faculty member wishing to install SPSS on a MAC. SPSS 21 is a new version of SPSS that is compatible with MAC OS 10.8 Mountain Lion.