Microsoft User Authentication Module
mac os x (10.1 and newer)
TIP: You may want to print a copy of this documentation to consult during installation.
- Download the Microsoft User Authentication Module.
- After downloading microsoft_uam_osx.zip, it will be automatically unpacked by into the same folder you have specified for file downloads within your web browser.
- The installation package will appear on your desktop or designated download folder (see Figure 1).
- Double-click the installer package to begin the installation process.
The Authentication window will appear (see Figure 2).
- The installer requires that you enter your passphrase. The account name you used to log into your Mac will appear in the text box labeled Name. Enter the Password for your account in the text box labeled Password or Phrase then click OK.
NOTE: You must have administrator access on your Mac to perform this installation. If you do not, you will receive the following error message: "You must type an administrator’s name and password or phrase to make changes to Installer." If you do not know an administrator Name and Password contact 2-HELP or your TC for assistance.
Note: The Name and Password you enter in the Authenticate dialog box are the same that you use to log onto your Mac at start-up. In most cases this WILL NOT be your BC username and password.
- Click Continue.
- After you have read and understand the Important Information, click Continue.
You will be prompted to select a destination disc to install Microsoft User Authentication software. Click on the picture of the Macintosh HD icon. When you have successfully selected your HardDrive, a green arrow will display on top of the icon. (see Figure 3)
- Click Continue.
- Click Install.
- After the installer successfully installs the UAM, click Close (see Figure 4).
The Microsoft UAM installation process is complete.