Retired Faculty Grants
Proposals Invited for 2013 -2014
Applications are invited, for amounts ranging from $100 to $1000 per person, to be used for research travel and expenses, lectures, conferences, education, publishing, volunteer work, and other significant activities.
A committee appointed by the Executive Committee of the Boston College Association of Retired Faculty will review all applications. Projects are to be completed at least by the end of the academic year following the year of the award. A brief report on the outcome of the funded effort is to be prepared and submitted to the President of the Boston College Association of Retired Faculty.
Proposals should be submitted to the President of the Boston College Association of Retired Faculty (email@example.com) no later than November 15, 2013. Awards will be announced the first week of December.
Applications should include the following:
• Cover sheet
• Description of proposed project (two pages maximum)
• Proposed budget (one page maximum)
• Summary CV
A description of proposed project might include:
• Objectives for the proposed work and its significance;
• Relationship of project objectives to your longer-term goals;
• Relationship to other work by you or others.
Criteria of selection
The merit of the proposal as judged by the reviewers will be the primary criterion. In addition, priority will be given to proposals that will:
• Assist retired faculty members to sustain or redirect their careers in the areas of research, education or service, or to make significant progress on important projects;
• Likely to produce significant results;
• Assist in bringing existing projects to a successful conclusion;
• Reflect favorably on the University and its community of retirees.