DIRECTOR OF OFFICE FOR GLOBAL CONCERNS
Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers • Maryknoll Lay Missioners
Maryknoll Sisters of St. Dominic
Who we are:
* Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers were founded in 1911 to be the overseas mission outreach of the Catholic Church in the United States. We do so by living side-by-side with the poor and powerless, combating poverty, providing healthcare, building communities and advancing peace and social justice throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America. For information visit: www.maryknollsociety.org
* Maryknoll Lay Missioners is a Catholic organization inspired to live and serve in economically poor communities in Africa, Asia, and the Americas, responding to basic needs and helping to create a more just and compassionate world. We are one of the three separately operated and funded entities of Maryknoll Missioners. For information visit: www.mklaymissioners.org
* Maryknoll Sisters of St. Dominic are women of faith committed to a just and caring world society. Numbering 500 members from diverse backgrounds, the Sisters serve in a variety of fields in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Pacific focusing on service to the poor with an emphasis on women. For information visit: www.maryknollsisters.org
* Ensuring the implementation of mission statement and strategic plan.
* Supervising Maryknoll and salaried staff and managing staff evaluation process.
* Assuming ultimate responsibility for accountability to approved budget.
* Managing advocacy, collaboration, networking, communication, social analysis, resources, policy formulation and recommendations in one or more major issue areas.
* Representing Maryknoll on appropriate occasions related to peace, social justice and integrity of creation.
* Graduate-level degree or equivalent experience in such fields as moral theology, social ethics, political science, international affairs, economics or law.
In addition, you must demonstrate:
* Excellent understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and mission.
* Familiarity with Catholic institutions and structures.
* Strong skills for socio-economic and ecological analysis.
* Familiarity with movements for social transformation.
* Knowledge of policy making processes in the U.S. government, UN, and other multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and IMF.
* Ability to gain a good understanding of complex issues related to peace, social justice and ecological integrity.
* Excellent writing skills.
* Excellent public speaking skills.
* Very good understanding of budgeting and financial management.
* Solid computer skills.
* Visioning, planning and organizing skills.
* Strong personnel management skills, including the ability to animate and coordinate a very diverse team to do complex and demanding work.
* Proficiency in a second language is highly desirable.
Maryknoll offers an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development and competitive benefits. EOE. Qualified candidates should forward their resume including published writing samples and salary requirements to: Director Search/Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns; 200 New York Avenue, NW; Washington, DC 20001. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: 202-832-5195. Applications will be accepted until March 29, 2013.