Loyola Marymont University
Los Angeles, CA
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
- In the spirit of Fr. Adolfo Nicolas’ “ Challenges to Jesuit Higher Education Today,” assist our LMU students with the integration of Faith and Justice in their lives. Together with the Campus Ministry team, offer programs that will work to form leaders who will transform the world? as articulated in the mission statements of the university and of Campus Ministry.
- Oversee the De Colores program. This position is responsible for the planning, organization, budgeting, recruitment, execution and evaluation of the regular trips — paying special attention to the learning outcomes, theological reflection and student leadership development goals involved with the trips. This position will attend all De Colores trips (approximately 6 to 8 per academic year) and recruit at least one LMU staff or faculty member to accompany each trip.
- Direct the Ignacio Companions program. In collaboration with other campus ministers, this position will be primarily responsible for the planning, organization, budgeting, recruitment, execution and evaluation of the yearly trips – paying special attention to the learning outcomes, theological reflection and student leadership development goals involved with the trips. This position will lead at least one of these IC trips per year.
- Serve as liaison with the Ignatian Solidarity Network. Responsible for the planning, organization, budgeting, recruitment, execution and evaluation of LMU participation in the yearly Ignatian Family Teach-in, Teach-in follow-up activities and other appropriate ISN programs – paying special attention to the learning outcomes, theological reflection and student leadership development goals involved with the program.
- Serve as the support person for the Campus Ministry Student Justice Organization and assist with the development of this program in line with the mission statements of the university and of Campus Ministry. This includes supervision of publications this group may develop.
- Explore and develop connections and student programs in conjunction with local SJ, RSHM and CSJ faith and justice ministries.
- Represent Campus Ministry at university faith and justice events and programs. Serve as liaison to involve our campus ministers and students in appropriate on-campus and off-campus faith and justice activities with special attention to issues of environmental justice and defense of life issues. Represent the Department of Campus Ministry on university committees
- Serve as liaison for Campus Ministry with faculty and staff involved in faith and justice work. Meet with faculty and staff to promote their involvement in De Colores, IC and other campus ministry programs.
- Collaborate with various staff and offices of the Division of Student Affairs as assigned and as appropriate.
- Actively be involved with and regularly collaborate with the Campus Ministry team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Typically a Master’s Degree in Pastoral Theology or Pastoral Counseling or equivalent experience. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
- Preferred three years? experience working in a parish, university or academic institution with young adults.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of Ignatian Spirituality, young adult faith and leadership formation, active listening and interpersonal skills, and small-faith group schemas of development, and vocational discernment. Background in international service and volunteer work. Background in Ignatian spirituality and Catholic social teachings.
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral.
- Conversational Spanish (a plus)
- Demonstrated computer competency and preferably knowledgeable in all Microsoft and Adobe suite programs.
To apply: https://jobs.lmu.edu/postings/10785