Part-time Confirmation Coordinator
St. Irene’s Parish
Confirmation Coordinator 20 hours/week
Pastor of St. Irene Parish
Pastor, Religious Education Coordinator, Director of Peer Ministry, Director of Music and Liturgy
- Hands on administration of Confirmation Program (Gr. 9-10)
- Recruitment, formation, training (including regular preparatory and debriefing meetings), mentoring, and support of religious education teachers for Confirmation Program (including confirming Virtus training for teachers).
- Attendance at, active participation in, and leadership responsibilities at class meetings at both levels.
- Being regularly available for evening and weekend activities and regular participation in weekend Masses (in particular, the 5:00 p.m. Sunday evening Mass), parish events and programs.
- Ongoing communication with families, students and parishioners concerning the Confirmation Program.
- Communication of the goals and requirements of the parish Confirmation program to candidates and parents, including monitoring adherence to the requirements of the program and timely follow-up with candidates and parents when issues arise.
- Organization and leadership of informational and other meetings among parents, teachers and students.
- Hands on responsibility for administrative functions including preparation, copying and distribution of materials for classes and meetings; collection and recordkeeping of items required for Confirmation program (including CORI forms); making arrangements for transportation; and preparation of written communications to parents, students and teachers, by mail, email, and social media.
- Open communication with parish team to coordinate timing and content of programs and events, including attendance at annual calendar meeting.
- Organization, implementation, and coordination of multiple opportunities for community service for candidates.
- Planning, organization, and implementation of retreats (on-site and off-site), including arranging for retreat leaders, retreat venues, and transportation.
- Evaluation of potential speakers for sessions, communication with and arranging for the appearance of speakers at certain sessions.
- Facilitation of integration of Confirmation Program with the goals and objectives of the Peer Ministry program of the parish.
- Participation in efforts to effect eventual collaboration with Holy Family Parish, Concord.
- Our Confirmation program stresses the personal and spiritual growth of each candidate. To that end, a community climate is sought, with an emphasis on providing students with the ability to understand the Catholic faith and face the challenges presented in modern society. The Confirmation Coordinator must have a similar spirituality and the ability to foster it in large and small group settings.
- Our Confirmation program is Eucharist centered. The goal is for each candidate to develop a strong personal relationship with Christ, drawing strength from him at weekly Mass and developing a sturdy and satisfying prayer life. The Confirmation Coordinator must be a model of enthusiasm for the sacraments and a life of prayer.
- Our Confirmation program is family based. The goal is for parents to grow with their teens. The Confirmation Coordinator will need to be as comfortable working with parents as with teens.
- The Liturgy Committee and Peer Ministry Program of the parish is in the process of establishing a Youth Mass at the Sunday 5 p.m. Mass. The Confirmation Coordinator will be asked to work toward implementing and sustaining that vision.
The Confirmation Coordinator must be a practicing Roman Catholic committed to Jesus Christ and the mission of the church. The position requires a prayerful, faith-filled person who likes young people and is able to relate with them but is also able to work with people of various ages and backgrounds. Highly effective leadership abilities, one-to-one and group communication skills, organizational skills (assessing, planning, designing, delegating) and creative problem-solving skills are essential. Position requires meeting Archdiocesan requirements for CORI, Code of Conduct Agreement and Virtus training. Computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and skills in the use of social media are necessary.
ST. IRENE PARISH
187 East Street
Carlisle, MA 01741