Church of Saint Clare
Staten Island, NY
St. Clare Parish, a community of 7,200 households in Staten Island, NY (Archdiocese of NY), seeks a Pastoral Associate with a focus on Liturgy, RCIA, and Faith Formation Activities. Candidate must be a practicing Catholic with B.A., M.A., M.Div of equivalent, skillful working with people and utilizing technology including social media.
• B.A., M.A., M.Div in Pastoral Ministry, Theology, Liturgy, or related field
• Must submit to a criminal background check along with all necessary hiring policies of the Archdiocese of New York.
• Knowledge and comfort using Google Apps, MS Office, and Social Media Applications in order to communicate and perform administrative functions of the job position.
• To look at the overall liturgical life of the parish in order to initiate and maintain liturgical formation and renewal in the parish in a manner that is appropriate and relevant to the needs and readiness of the community.
• To support and collaborate with other liturgical ministers (clergy and lay) in the preparation and celebration of parish liturgies.
• To be responsible for the details of liturgical planning, e.g. funerals, weddings, Sunday liturgies, etc.
• To assist catechists in the school, religious education, and youth ministries in the process of sacramental preparation.
• To prepare parishioners to celebrate liturgies more fully through spiritual and liturgical formation and education.
• Leads the parish Liturgy Committee, consisting of all parish clergy, parish staff with liturgical responsibilities, and interested parishioners
• Recruits, trains and provides ongoing spiritual and liturgical formation and support for parish liturgical ministers (Direct responsibility for lectors, ushers, extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, RCIA team, baptismal team; indirect responsibility for children’s liturgy, altar servers, children’s RCIA, ministers of consolation, music ministries).
• Directs the adult RCIA process, with the assistance of the parish RCIA team
• Conduct monthly baptismal catechesis, with the assistance of the baptism team
• Plans and prepares liturgies for Sundays and holy days, in collaboration with the Director of Music and the pastor, and with input from the Liturgy Committee
• Plans and prepares liturgies for First Communion, Reconciliation, and Confirmation, in collaboration with the Director of Music, the pastor, and the catechists.
• Conducts inter-generational faith formation events related to sacramental preparation and the Church year.
• Keeps up-to-date on developments in the liturgical law and practice of the Church; assess impacts on St. Clare’s practices and communicate as needed with the pastor, the Liturgy Committee, and all liturgical ministers.
• Plans and prepares school liturgies, in collaboration with the Principal, Assistant Principal and teachers.
• Plans and prepares religious education liturgies, in collaboration with Religious Education Coordinator and catechists.
• Provides information and materials to parishioners planning weddings and funerals, through quarterly workshops, documents, and personal contact.
• Directs “one parish” efforts to unify sacramental preparation between school and religious education students.
• Assists with the parish’s Adult Faith Formation efforts by conducting, directing, and participating in various Faith Formation activities, such as: Question of the Week, web site and email newsletter support, Seamless Garment events, etc.
• Provides ongoing education and communication regarding liturgy to the parish through weekly bulletin articles.
• Participates as appropriate in the Archdiocesan RCIA Advisory Council and Liturgical Commission.
Salary and benefits:
• Commensurate with experience and in accordance with New York Archdiocesan guidelines.
How to apply:
• For complete job description and to apply visit www.stclaresi.com/hire
• On/before April 15, 2014 any interested candidate must send cover letter, resume, and 3 references with contact information to:
Mr. John Gillen, Parish Manager
via email at email@example.com
• Please do not send via fax or postal mail.
• Potential candidates will be notified via email of an interview within two weeks in order to fill the position as soon as possible.