University Minister, Coordinator of Social Justice Education
Lewis University invites applications for a University Minister, Coordinator of Social Justice Education. The primary responsibility of this position includes encouraging an examination of social justice issues from a Catholic and Christian perspective. The Coordinator currently organizes the Catalyst Social Justice Retreat and coordinates a chapter of Catholic Relief Services. The Coordinator will also develop Social Justice Pilgrimages to locations of significance to the movement for social justice.
Lewis University Ministry, in harmony with Lewis' Catholic and Lasallian identity, embraces and nurtures enlightened religious experience within our community. University Ministry's primary focus is to be a sign and instrument of the Gospel. Therefore we proclaim and celebrate the Gospel and invite the University Community into this mission.
We offer competitive salaries and a complete comprehensive benefits package including generous health care and tuition reimbursement for self, spouse and qualifying dependents.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
• Demonstrates the ability to lead prayer and reflection sessions on issues of justice
• Knowledge of Catholic social teaching and of organizations working for social justice
• Ability to organize students in their desire to respond to social justice concerns
• Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrates outstanding communication skills (oral and written).
• Bachelor's degree (required) or Master's degree (highly preferred) related to pastoral ministry (theology,pastoral studies, religious education, divinity).
For a full description and to be considered for this position please apply online at: https://jobs.lewisu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52278
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply.