Director of Pastoral Care
Notre Dame Health Care Center, Inc.
Who We Are:
Notre Dame Health Care Center, Inc. (NDHCC) deeply rooted in the heritage of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, is committed to the physical, spiritual, and emotional care of our residents. Our 5 Star rated and nationally recognized skilled nursing facility seeks a Director of Pastoral Care candidate committed to supporting our residents, families and employees by providing high quality Spiritual and compassionate care. NDHCC’s Long Term Care Center facility seeks a full time Director of Pastoral Care to provide the following:
1. Organize and administer Pastoral Care Program to address spiritual needs of residents.
2. Participate in developing long range goals for pastoral ministry which are keeping with the philosophy and mission of Notre Dame Health Care Center.
3. Implement and review, when necessary, the policies of the Pastoral Care Department to be in compliance with regulations for Pastoral ministry.
4. Ensure that pastoral ministry is available seven days a week and/or when circumstances warrant supportive presence.
5. Department meetings must be conducted regularly and documented. Evaluations must be done on a timely basis in order to meet deadlines.
6. Knowledge and support of the ethical and religious directives of the facility.
7. Attend scheduled Department Directors' Meetings and In-Service Programs, sharing pastoral ministry issues with staff.
8. Communicate with nursing, social services and other staff regarding residents' needs, and work with them as part of the interdisciplinary team and be active in the weekly resident Care Meeting.
9. Plan and participate in orientation and in-service programs upon request from Staff Development, explaining the purpose of pastoral ministry as well as available services.
10. Participate in committees as requested by the Administration and carry out other duties as requested or assigned.
11. Meet with the Director of Mission as needed to review resident issues, services, programs and goals to ensure that spiritual, religious and emotional needs are met.
Master's Degree is preferred with knowledge of specialized fields of theology, liturgy, psychology, sociology, ecumenical orientation and Catholic ethical guidelines. Bachelor's Degree is acceptable with the specified knowledge and experience.
Four units in Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) are required, certification with NACC or ACPE or its equivalent is preferred. Experience working with infirm elderly is needed as well as excellent communication and counseling skills, patience, tact, positive attitude, integrity, and cheerful enthusiasm.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to Director of Human Resources at email@example.com or fax to (508) 852-0397.
For more information about Notre Dame Health Care Center, please visit our website at http://www.notredamehealthcare.org.