Director for Youth Outreach
The Director for Youth Outreach is responsible for developing and managing faith-based initiatives that involve Benedictine College students who serve middle school and high school students in the 5 state area (MINCK). Extensive networking with pastors and youth ministers is necessary to deepen relationships with current constituents and engage new constituents. Recruit, hire, train, and retain student leaders and volunteers who will assist in (but not limited to) four main apostolates—Retreat Team, Underground Team, One Love Team, and Summer Counselors. Collaborate with the Academic Dean, VP for Enrollment Management, and VP of College relations to run the summer camp programs such as BCYC and Cathedral.
- Youth ministry experience is a plus.
- Personal life ethics which represent Benedictine College in a professional manner. Lead by example and demonstrate a commitment to the values of Benedictine College.
- Operate a Catholic Church ministry according to the best practices for retreats, programs and camps.
- Follow norms set forth in the Roman Catholic Church’s Code of Canon Law, Ex Corde Ecclesiae, Benedictine College handbooks, the Ministry Handbook, other documents in addition to norms established by the Archdiocese of Kansas City.
- Advance the great commission of Jesus Christ, the mission of the Catholic Church, to win, build and send souls as disciples of Jesus Christ to baptize all nations in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Advance the Benedictine charism and values inspired by our founders, St. Benedict and St. Scholastica.
- Advance the mission of Benedictine College to educate men and women in a community of faith and scholarship; and assist students in their development toward an intellectually, spiritually and personally mature faith.
- Advance the five formation points of Benedictine College Ministry: Sacramental Communion, Scriptural Literacy, Spiritual Exercises, Social Mission, and Stewardship.
- Ability to coach others in Christian servant leadership, as St. Benedict says, “the love of Christ comes first,”
- Proven ability to inspire student leaders to develop to their fullest potential, and recruit, train and retain volunteers,
- Dynamic orthodoxy, ability to teach and speak to youth on Catholic catechesis, doctrines and norms,
- Goal driven, ability to achieve desired outcomes by setting goals, meeting budgets and delivering results,
- Responsible for supervising, planning, marketing, budgeting, booking, registering and hosting activities,
- Support the operation of Ministry through fees, fundraising, sponsorships, grant writing and alumni development,
- Always, demonstrate success in positive registrations positive revenue,
- Assist Administrative Director with daily business and general operation of the office,
- Maintain regular hours at regular times of the year and weeknight or weekend hours during retreats and programs,
- Outstanding skills in oral and written communication,
- Good organizational ability and computer competency,
- Visible, fully integrated member of the College community,
- Annually propose retreat and program schedule for approval by the Director for Mission and Ministry,
- High level of personal integrity and work ethic; energetic and creative self-starter,
- Write and submit Roster/Reports and after-action reports containing retreat and program information, the name of each program sponsored and/or lead, the names of all participants and their contact information,
- All other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- Undergraduate degree with in youth ministry or related field. Virtus certified.
- Experience in youth ministry, college student ministry, catechesis, dynamic retreats, service trips, pro-life apostolates, pilgrimages, evangelistic work, non-profit, parish or diocesan ministries.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Director of Human Resources
1020 N. Second St.
Atchison, KS 66002