Campus Minister for Appalachia Program
Office of Campus Ministry
University Mission and Ministry is seeking a generalist for the Office of Campus Ministry. A key responsibility of the position is to administer the office's popular Appalachia Volunteers of Boston College (a year-long spring break service/immersion program), which includes site coordination for up to 30 sites, supervision and training of undergraduate Head Coordinators and graduate student, oversight of all fundraising, planning and facilitation of weekly meetings, coordination of bus and van transportation for 400 volunteers, coordination of all the religious and spiritual aspects of the program. Other responsibilities of the position are: to assist with retreat programs and weekly liturgies, provide both pastoral care and spiritual accompaniment to students and others within the university community, collaborate in other Campus Ministry programs whenever needed and appropriate, and serve on University committees when required.
* Masters Degree in Theology, Divinity, Spirituality, Pastoral Ministry, or a related field.
* Willingness to work collegially and an openness to professional development.
* Affinity and appreciation of Ignatian spirituality as well as the Catholic tradition and its principles
* Three years of experience in university campus ministry or an equivalent experience.
* Strong organizational, administrative, supervisory and budgetary skills.