Preaching to Children
featuring video with Dr. Ann Garrido
A workshop designed to help participants speak to the hearts of children. It provides participants with the tools to effectively craft and deliver a meaningful and understandable homily for younger hearers. Ideal for leaders of Liturgy of the Word for Children and others who work with children.
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
This course includes:
- Weekly videos
- Transcripts of videos
- Weekly introductions to each new topic
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion
- A page of further resources about topics discussed in this course
All C21 Online courses include these features:
- Participants have access 24 hours per day/7 days a week to the course's password-protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing, guided by a facilitator.
- Site is generally open to participants one week after the content discussion ends.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
- Those who actively participate receive a Certificate of Active Participation for the course.
Week 1: Seven Characteristics of Children and Three Mysteries of Life
Week 2: Tips for Preaching to Children
Additional Materials Needed: Jim Campbell. 52 Simple Ways to Talk with Your Kids about Faith. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2007.
This workshop is based on the Boston College web site Touchstones for Preaching/ Special Touchstone – Preaching to Children
Content Scholars: Ann Garrido, Associate Professor of Homiletics at Aquinas Institute of Theology