The Liturgy Committee
featuring video by Rev. Msgr. James A, Mongelluzzo, S.T.D.
A workshop designed for members of faith-based communities who are involved or who want to be involved in liturgy planning. It covers liturgical principles, the basic structure of the Mass, tools for planning liturgies and liturgical seasons, and strategies for working together as a committee.
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
This workshop includes:
• A video presentation by Rev. Msgr. James A. Mongelluzzo for each week of the workshop;
• Transcripts for each video;
• A study aide written by Dr. Barbara Radtke that guides participants through the course material;
• Weekly questions for reflection and discussion;
• A resource page to guide further study.
All C21 Online workshops and courses include these features:
• A Town Meeting forum where participants can meet and socialize;
• Those who qualify receive a Certificate of Active Participation for the workshop;
• 24 hour/7 days a week access to the password protected site;
• Participants belong to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator;
• Course site is generally open to participants one week after the course discussion concludes;
• An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
Week 1: Key Liturgical Principles
Week 2: Structure of the Mass
Week 3: Special Considerations for Planning and Strategies for Working Together as a Committee
Additional Materials Needed
Mark Searle, Liturgy Made Simple. The Liturgical Press, 1981
A participant can expect to spend an average of 4-5 hours each week. This commitment includes both preparation and interaction online.
Content Scholars: Rev. Msgr. James A. Mongelluzzo, S.T.D.