John in Holy Week and Easter
featuring video with Daniel J. Harrington, S.J., Boston College School of Theology and Ministry Professor of New Testament , and Thomas D. Stegman, S.J. , Boston College School of Theology and Ministry Associate Professor of New Testament
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
Course description: The Gospel of John is used prominently throughout Holy Week and the Easter season. Frs. Harrington and Stegman artfully present on the Passion Narrative in John and on the Johannine themes in the Easter season. This C21 Online workshop is based on a campus workshop presented in Spring 2011.
2 week workshop
This course includes:
- weekly introductions to each new topic
- video segments by each presenter each week
- transcripts of the videos
- bonus videos from the on campus workshop
- weekly questions for reflection and discussion
- a page of further resources about topics discussed in this course
- a "town meeting" forum where you can meet other participants and socialize.
All C21 Online courses include these features:
- Participants have access 24 hours/ 7 days a week to the course's password protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small community for conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- Site is open to participants at least one week before and one week after the course.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message
- Those who actively participate receive a certificate of active participation for the course.
Week 1: The Gospel of John is Different
The “Hour” of Jesus (Jn 12: 20-33) and
Can You Accept Salvation? (Jn 13:1-15)
Week 2: John’s Passion Narrative
Easter according to John
Carrying on the Mission of Jesus: (Jn 13-17
Additional Materials Needed:
All materials provided. Note: this workshop is based exclusively on video content. We provide transcripts of the videos.