Effective Preaching: Homily Preparation
A workshop based on the Boston College resource Touchstones for Preaching. It is designed for ordained and lay preachers to explore how to craft an engaging homily and to share tips on how to cultivate the habits needed to compose and deliver weekly homilies.
Workshop will be offered:
September 26 - October 16, 2012 (Site opens Sept 19 and closes Oct 23)
Registration for this workshop closes on September 21 at 3 p.m. ET or when at capacity)
This workshop includes:
• Discussion of four video presentations by Rev. Msgr. James A. Mongelluzzo and Rev. William T. Kelly available at www.bc.edu/preaching
• Transcripts for each video
• A study aid written by Dr. Barbara Radtke that guides participants through the course material
• Weekly questions for reflection and discussion
• A resource page to guide further study
All C21 Online workshops and courses include these features:
• A town meeting forum where participants can meet and socialize
• Those who actively participate receive a certificate of active participation for the workshop
• 24 hour/7 days a week access to the password protected site
• Participants belong to a small community for conversation and faith sharing by a facilitator
• Access to the workshop site at least one week before and one week after the course
• An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available
Week 1: Crafting the Homily
Week 2: Integrating the Process of Preparing a Homily into One’s Life
Week 3: Using Consultation
Additional Materials Needed
A participant can expect to spend an average of 3 hours each week. This commitment includes both preparation and interaction online.
Content Scholars: Rev. Msgr. James A. Mongelluzzo, S.T.D. and Rev. William T. Kelly S.T.D.