Growing Faith: Children and Adolescents
This workshop provides guided discussion around the Fall 2009 issue of C21 Resources, a free publication of Boston College Church in the 21st Century Center. This issue, entitled “Growing Faith for a Vibrant Church,” edited by Boston College School of Theology and Ministry faculty member Dr. Jane Regan, contains nine short, informative articles centered on fostering faith in children and adolescents in the context of the family and the faith community. Issue available online here.
The issue "Growing Faith for a Vibrant Church" is a companion to the Spring 2010 C21 Resources issue "Growing Faith for an Evangelizing Church." See the companion workshop.
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
This workshop includes:
• Reading 22 pages of material by 8 different authors
• Weekly questions for reflection and discussion
• A weekly introduction and study guide
• A resource page to use for further study
• A "town meeting" forum where you can meet other participants and socialize.
All C21 Online courses and workshops include these features:
• Participants have access 24 hours/7 days a week to the course's password protected web site.
• Each participant belongs to a small community for conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
• Site is open to participants at least one week before and one week after the course.
• An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
• Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message.
• Those who actively participate receive a certificate of active participation for the workshop.
Week 1: Family, Faith Community, and Culture: Considerations in Growing Faith
Week 2: Helping Children and Adolescents Grow in Faith
Additional Materials Needed
Everything you need for this course is provided on the course web site -- review the reading for the course now.
A participant can expect to spend an average of approximately 4 hours each week. This commitment includes both the assigned reading and interaction online.
Content Scholar: various under editorship of Jane Regan