Catholic Intellectual Tradition
This workshop provides guided discussion around the Spring 2013 issue of C21 Resources, a free publication of Boston College’s Church in the 21st Century Center. This issue, entitled “Exploring the Catholic Intellectual Tradition,” edited by Boston College Department of Theology faculty member Robert P.Imbelli, contains an introductory editorial essay, articles by a variety of authors, and poems reflecting the meaning of the Catholic intellectual tradition and its impact. The workshop offers an opportunity for participants to explore the Catholic intellectual tradition and to reflect on some of its treasures together.
Check the course schedule for future offerings of this course.
This course includes:
- Links to the readings
- Weekly introductions to each new topic
- Weekly questions for reflection and discussion
- Further resources about topics discussed in this course
All C21 Online courses include these features:
- Participants have access 24 hours/ 7 days a week to the course's password protected web site.
- Each participant belongs to a small Community for Conversation and faith sharing guided by a facilitator.
- Site is open to participants for one week after the course content discussion has ended.
- An orientation in how to navigate the web site is always available.
- Technical assistance is easy to contact and prompt in returning a message
- Those who actively participate receive a Certificate of Active Participation for the course.
Week 1: What Do We Mean by the “Catholic Intellectual Tradition”?
Week 2: The Impact of the Catholic Intellectual Tradition
Additional Materials Needed:
All materials included in the course.
Content Scholars: various under the editorial direction of Dr. Robert P. Imbelli