Dual and Joint Degrees
school of theology and ministry
In collaboration with other Boston College professional schools, the M.A. in Theology and Ministry or the M.A. in Pastoral Ministry can be combined into a dual-degree program with one of the following:
- M.S.W. at the Boston College Graduate School of Social Work
- M.B.A. at the Carroll Graduate School of Management
- M.S. Nursing at the Connell Graduate Schoool of Nursing
- M.A. Counseling at the Lynch Graduate School of Education
To be considered for admission to a dual-degree program, applicants must apply and be admitted to both graduate programs. The Admissions Office can help you navigate the process of applying to a dual-degree program. Students who graduate from a dual-degree program earn two separate graduate degrees.
In collaboration with the Lynch Graduate School of Education and the STM, Boston College offers joint-degree programs focused on Catholic educational leadership at the university level and at the K-12 level:
- M.A. Higher Education with a focus on Catholic University Leadership
- M.Ed. Educational Leadership (K-12 school administration) with a focus on Catholic School Leadership
To be considered for admission to a joint-degree program, applicants only need to apply to the Lynch Graduate School of Education. Coursework takes place in both the Lynch School and the STM. Students who graduate from a joint-degree earn one graduate degree from the Lynch School.