colleagues enhancing research
What is CERes?
Colleagues Enhancing Research (CERes) is a peer review panel for faculty grant and doctoral student NRSA applications.
How do I submit my application?
Applications and sponsor request for application (if applicable) are to be submitted to the Office for Nursing Research in Cushing Hall 433 no later than noon on the day submissions are due. Please contact the office with any questions at 617-552-3123.
What happens in the meeting?
CERes is conducted like a review in an NIH study section. Your grant application is assigned to a first, second and third reviewer. The meeting begins with the feedback of the first reviewer followed by the second and third reviewer. During this time, the reviewers may engage in discussion on the proposal. This discussion is invaluable because you get an idea of the things that might come up during the review process and also get solutions to any issues. As the process mimics an external process, your role is as an observer. You benefit from listening to the discussion.
Tips for a Successful CERes Review
- Have your grant proposal in the best shape possible for the review. If the reviewers get hung up on typos, grammar, and style they might miss nuances related to substance.
- Remember, all feedback is related to the grant on a professional level and should not be taken personally.
- If a reviewer doesn’t understand something or didn’t see something, then it wasn’t clear. Think of how you can revise the thought or add a sentence or two to clarify the point.
- Take notes during the meeting on the feedback to your application.
- Reviewers may not be unanimous in their feedback. Listen to all points of view and then make decisions based on what works best for your particular grant.
Upcoming Meeting and Deadline Schedule
|Meeting Dates||Time||Due to ONR
|September 17, 2014||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||September 8, 2014|
|October 15, 2014||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||October 6, 2014|
|November 12, 2014||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||November 3, 2104|
|December 10, 2014||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||December 1, 2014|
|January 14, 2015||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||January 5, 2015|
|February 11, 2015||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||February 2, 2015|
|March 25, 2015||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||March 16, 2015|
|April 22, 2015||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||April 13, 2015|
|May 13, 2015||9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||May 4, 2015|