Master's Program & Post-Master's Certificates
william f. connell school of nursing
CSON awards record number of scholarships and other funding to students for academic year 2013-2014! Learn more »
The Connell School of Nursing master's degree programs prepare individuals for careers as advanced practice nurses and leaders. Our students know that nursing leadership demands both the ability to make sound clinical decisions and the wisdom to step back and analyze the health care environment in which they work. They understand the importance of ethical principles in clinical judgment and patient advocacy. They are committed to shaping the future of their profession. Read the formal objectives of our master's program »
Read more and see videos and information about nurse practitioners and certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Read more about nurse practitioner salaries from US News & World Report, which ranks nurse practitioners as the number two health care job in 2014.
To see informational videos about specific nurse practitioner specialties, click on the program links provided in the column directly to the right.
PROGRAM OPTIONS AND ROUTES TO ENTRY
The Connell School of Nursing offers multiple pathways to Master's degree and advanced nursing practice for individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds. Regardless of the route of entry, all of the MS programs prepare students for advanced nursing practice as nurse practitioners in one of our specialty areas. All routes to entry lead to a master of science degree in nursing (or an additional specialty certificate for those who already hold a master's degree in nursing), but each has unique requirements based on the previous academic experience of the student. Routes to entry and program options include:
- Traditional route to entry for RNs with a bachelor's degree in nursing
- Master's entry pathway for non-nurses who hold a bachelor's degree in a field other than nursing.
- RN-MS pathway for RNs without a bachelor's degree in nursing
- Additional specialty certificate for master's-prepared nurses who wish to become certified in a second specialty area.
Dual degree programs
- MS/PhD work toward both a master's degree and a PhD simultaneously, preparing you for both advanced nursing practice and clinical research.
- MS/MBA program prepares you for advanced nursing practice and for executive leadership.
- MS/MA in pastoral ministry program prepares you to work with religious congregations, in health care, or in other institutional settings.
Apply now »
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at 617-552-4928.
Explore graduate programs by clinical specialty:
Additional Specialty Certificates: