Clinical Placement Office
william f. connell school of nursing
Maureen Gehlenborg, M.S. ’13, (center) and Cynthia Tefft, M.S. ’82, examine Jennifer Caldwell at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates.
“I precept for the love of the job, and for the love of teaching. But I also do it to keep me on my toes." Cynthia Tefft, M.S. ’82
Precepting is rewarding on a personal and professional level. It is because of dedicated preceptors that we are able to bring a rich and fulfilling education to each of our nursing students. Their commitment to the education and advancement of each student is to be commended.
Additionally, each preceptor receives a recertification credit in advance practice through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the National Certification Corporation (NCC).
As a thank you, preceptors with the William F. Connell School of Nursing at Boston College may choose from one of the following four options:
- Phantom Gourmet restaurant gift certificates
- Continuing Education Division Vouchers
- Registration discount toward the Northeast Regional NP Conference
- One semester hour of tuition credit
Additionally, all preceptors enjoy many benefits including:
- Use of title “Advanced Practice Clinical Preceptor”
- Access to Boston College’s libraries
- Invitation to Preceptor Appreciation Night (award and CE event)
- Voice Magazine
- Nursing School events, including the Pinnacle Lecture Series
- Access to Boston College museums and cultural events
- Networking and research opportunities
- Letters of reference upon request
- Opportunities to guest lecture
- Editing of manuscripts and review of resumes by faculty
Learn more about precepting at Boston College