Melissa Sutherland, Ph.D., FNP-BC
- Fantasia, H.C., Sutherland, M.A., & Kelly-Weeder, S.S. (2012). Differences in risky sexual behavior among urban adolescents exposed to violence. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 24(7), 436-442. dio: 10.1111/j.1745-7599.2012.00702.x
- Coakley, C., Bolton, P., Flaherty, L., Kopeski, L., Slifka, K., & Sutherland, M. (2012). The incidence of metabolic risk factors in an inpatient psychiatric setting. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing, 50(3), 24-30.
- Laughon, K., Sutherland, M., & Parker, B. (2012). A brief intervention for STI prevention among battered women shows promise. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing, 40(6), 702-708.
- Sutherland, M.A. & Fantasia, H.C. (2012). Successful research recruitment strategies in a study focused on abused rural women at risk for sexually transmitted infections. Journal of Midwifery and Women’s Health, 57(4), 381-385. doi: 10.1111/j.1542-2011.2011.00134.x
- Sutherland, M.A., Fantasia, H.C., & McClain, N.M. Abuse experiences, substance use and reproductive health in women seeking care at an emergency department. Journal of Emergency Nursing, (in press).
- Sutherland, M. (2011). Mediators of Child Sexual Abuse and Sexually Transmitted Infections. Nursing Research, 60(2), 193-147.
- Fantasia, H.C., Fontenot, H.B., Sutherland, M.A., & Harris, A.L. (2011). Sexually Transmitted Infections in Women. Nursing for Women's Health, 15(1), 46-58.
- Sutherland, M.A. (2011). Implications for Violence in Adolescent Dating Experiences. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 40(2), 225-234.
- Campbell, J.C., Glass, N., Sharps, P.W., Laughon, K., Yragui, N., & Sutherland, M.A. (2009). Research on Intimate Partner Violence and Femicide, Attempted Femicide, and Pregnancy Associated Femicide. Family & Intimate Partner Violence Quarterly, 2(2), 115-139.
- Rhee, H., Hollen, P.J., Belyea, M.J., & Sutherland, M.A. (2008). Decision-making program for rural adolescents with asthma: A pilot study. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 23(6), 439-50.
- Campbell, J.C., Glass, N., Sharps, P.W., Laughon, K., Yragui, N., & Sutherland, M.A. (2007). Research on intimate partner violence and femicide, attempted femicide, and pregnancy associated femicide. In K.A. Kendall-Tackett & S. Giacomoni (Eds.), Intimate partner violence. Kingston, NJ: Civic Research Institute.
- Laughon, K., & Sutherland, M.A. (2007). Intimate partner violence against rural women: Severity and consequences. Rural Clinician Quarterly, Newsletter of the National Rural Health Association.
- Sutherland, M. (2007). Profile in practice- Rural health considerations. In J.L. Creasia & B.J. Parker (Eds.), Conceptual foundations: The bridge to professional nursing practice. (pp. 409- 410). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
- Rhee, H., Hollen, P.J., Sutherland, M., & Rakes, G. (2007). A pilot study of decision-making quality and risk behaviors in rural adolescents with asthma. Pediatric Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology, 20(2), 93-104.
- Grabo, T., Sutherland, M., & Story, J. (2003). Factors affecting women’s health in rural areas. In M.S. Collins (Ed.), Teaching/learning activities for rural community-based nursing practice (pp. 112-127). Decker School of Nursing, Helene Fuld Summer Institute for Rural Community Health Nursing.
- Dawson, N., Figg, W.D., Brawley, O., Bergan, R.C., Cooper, M.R., Senderowicz, A., Headlea, D., Steinberg, S.M., Tompkins, A., Sutherland, M., Kohler, D., Sausville, E., Reed, E., & Sartor, O. (1998). A phase II study of suramin plus aminoglutethimide in two cohorts of patients with androgen-indepedent prostate cancer: Simultaneous antiandrogen withdrawal and prior anti-androgen withdrawal. Clinical Cancer Research, 4(1), 37-44.