Catherine Yetter Read, PhD, RN
associate professor and director, keys to inclusive leadership in nursing (kiln) program
Cushing Hall 334F
- Ph.D. - University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- M.S.N. - Salem State College
- M.S. - University of Illinois, Urbana
- B.S.N. - University of Illinois, Chicago
Leadership development, diversity, and innovation in baccalaureate nursing education; genomic competence of the healthcare workforce.
Catherine Read, Ph.D., RN is an associate professor of adult health and director of the "Keys to Inclusive Leadership in Nursing" program at the Connell School of Nursing at Boston College. She is active in ISONG (International Society of Nurses in Genetics) and serves as a consultant for nurse colleagues at the National Human Genome Research Institute on projects related to genomic nursing education.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- 2014 - Mentorship award, Alpha Chi Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
- 2010-2013 - Member, Editorial Board, Genetics/Genomics Competency Center, National Human Genome Research Institute
- 2010 - Founders Award for Excellence in Genetic Nursing Education, International Society of Nurses in Genetics
- 2010 - Award of Distinguished Service, Burlington, MA, Board of Health
- Read, C., Vessey, J. A., Amar, A., Cullinan, D. M. (2013). The challenges of inclusivity in baccalaureate nursing programs. Journal of Nursing Education, 52(4), 185-190.
- Read, C. (2011). Semester abroad opportunities in baccalaureate nursing programs. Journal of Professional Nursing, 27(4).
- Lea, D. H., Skirton, H., Read, C., Williams, J. K. (2011). Implications for Educating the Next Generation of Nurses on Genetics and Genomics in the 21st Century. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 43(1), 3-12.
- Underwood, P.C., & Read, C.Y. (2008). Genetic association studies in nursing practice and scholarship. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 37 (3), 203-208.
- Read, C.Y., Green, R.C., & Smyer, M.A. (Eds.). (2008). Aging, Biotechnology, and the Future. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.