Nanci Peters, M.S.N., RN, CPNP
clinical assistant professor
Cushing Hall 336L
- Post Masters Teaching Certificate in Nursing Education - Boston College
- M.S. - Northeastern University
- B.S. - Western Connecticut State University
Urgent and primary care experience; home-care, rehab and case management; caring for pediatric patients with a variety of diagnoses and special health care needs.
Nanci Peters was hired full-time at BC in 1999. She is a certified pediatric nurse practitioner and works part time in a pediatric urgent care. Prior to that she worked in primary care for children with special health care needs. She is a leader in high fidelity simulation and has developed scenarios and objectives to augment pediatric clinical experience for undergraduate and graduate students. She has been affiliated with Children's Hospital since 1991 and is a member of Sigma Theta Tau. In addition, she is also a member of NAPNAP, both nationally and with the local eastern chapter. In addition to teaching, she practices regularly as an urgent care pediatric nurse practitioner. Her clinical interests are with children with chronic illnesses and special health care needs. Nanci and her husband have 2 young sons.
SELECTED APPOINTMENTS & AWARDS
- Exam writer for the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools
- International instructor for NCLEX test taking strategies
- Kasner, L. & Haze, N. (2004) Cancer in Children. in Huether, S. & McCance, K. Understanding Pathophysiology, Third edition. Elsevier Science.